Monday, November 23, 2009

Bowl - first try

Okay - after my great expectations for this weekend - some were realized.





I was able to complete a number of projects in the last few days.



I unloaded my first bowl from my new mold this morning, but I am only at the beginning of this learning curve. I would call its shape - organic. In other words my 1st bowl is slightly wonky.
Okay maybe a bit more than slightly.



The glass that I created and slumped was too thick for this deep of a slump and/or my schedule was too aggressive for this mold. I will have to practice this one. I love my bowl, but I'm afraid I may be the only one.  (I do have a soft spot for wonky results. . . results that could never be sold and are one-of-a-kind blunders. . . ah, err marvelous treasures ;-)


Soldering never got done. I always found other things to do - laundry, wash the outside windows, cutting glass for this project -



I haven't gotten this one slumped yet, but I love the plaid results. This project was on Spectrum's website. It was mentioned on a glass discussion board that I read. I made a few changes & love the results. I don't even have this in the kiln slumping because I have a different project in the kiln tonight.

A friend has started a jewelry business and needed some glass trays to display her silver jewelry. She approached me and asked me to make her some trays - I didn't think I was ready, but after I thought about it - I decided to give it a try. I showed her this piece -



and I am in the process of creating & selling my first glass order. Oh happy day!

~Julz

No comments: