Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Inspiration

Inspiration for new pieces comes from many different places - nature, a fleeting image, the Internet, other glass artists, photos, attempting a technique or out of thin air. I have so much to learn and sometimes I just ape another person's work to see if I can accomplish it.

Recently Christine Masters posted a piece that she created and I really liked it. I also thought that I had the skills and equipment to replicate this project, Strings of Color Between White.

I did change the project a bit. I fused colored glass stringers very close together onto a clear glass strip and then fused this strip between white pieces with a clear glass base. I generally like designs that are not centered, so I placed my colored glass strip off center.


 I like it. Thanks Christine, this was a very nice project.

~ Julz

2 comments:

Kokie Larson said...

I love it and I can't wait to see it in person! Also your new header makes me really happy! =)

Julie said...

:-)

Thanks!

xo