Wednesday, October 24, 2018

New Jaws Project




Woods

The weather here has been really nice and allowed me to finish up the outside projects before the real cold and snow hits. I do love to take walks with the sun shining and the leaves crunching under foot.




I used the Patty Gray Jaws technique to create a project. Partly to refresh my memory of the process and partly to use up some scrap glass.

I have a 8" Patty Gray dam that I can use and if I use this dam I will be able to slump it because I also have a slump mold that will fit the 8" dam project.

Dam start
I started with a clear base with two layers of black glass for the sides.

adding scrap
I then started adding yellow, red and clear scrap.

closeup of scrap
Here is the jaws scrap glass before fusing.

pre-fuse
Here is the project prior to fusing it.
Fused in mold/kiln
Here is the project just after fusing - still in the kiln.

Finished in sun
Here is the finished project in a sunny window. 
The center section (jaws) really pops with the black sides.
Love this technique and the project.

~Julie




No comments: